I just got out of the hospital again. Here goes my second and possibly last chance to recover from pancreatitis successfully, or I risk developing chronic pancreatitis, which sounds like absolute hell (basically acute pancreatitis [what I have] that never goes away). I don’t want to live the rest of my life on huge amounts of narcotic drugs just to breathe normally without pain…
Plan of Action:
1. Learn how to cook healthy meals for myself. I’ll have to expand my repertoire beyond spaghetti. Maybe even go vegan again?
2. Don’t drink (caused my pancreatitis). Quit smoking (irritates the pancreas).
3. Find ways to exercise outside that are fun (can no longer afford my gym membership).
4. Get some God, some Universe, some Mystery in my life…spiritual fulfillment seems to be the only thing that can fill me up like vodka, but without the trip to the hospital.
5. Reconnect with old sober friends (hopefully some still are?).
I’ll find a way to enjoy my life healthily. I just have to see it like a grand new adventure, full of endless possibility and opportunity…instead of being motivated by fear, which didn’t get me too far last time. This blog will keep me honest. I’m starting a new life, reinventing myself, and for some crazy reason, writing this blog about it!